Report: Celtics, Nets blockbuster involving Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce pending
|06.27.13 at 1:20 pm ET|
The Celtics and Nets have agreed to a deal that will send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn, pending Garnett waiving his no-trade clause, according to Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.
While both sides are pressing to finalize the trade, Garnett “doesn’t want to be pressured into a quick decision,” a source told Wojnarowski, and the NBA’s moratorium prevents any deal from becoming official until July 10.
Jason Terry would reportedly join the two future Hall of Famers in going to Brooklyn.
Meanwhile, the Celtics would receive three first-round picks — in non-successive seasons from 2014-18 by rule, the report said, giving the C’s nine first-rounders over the next five seasons.
The Celtics would also assume the following salaries in order to make the deal work: Gerald Wallace (3 years, $30.3 million), Kris Humphries (1 year, $12 million), Reggie Evans (2 year, $3.5 million), Keith Bogans (sign-and-trade) and one more NBA minimum-wage player.
The Celtics also discussed potential Garnett and Pierce trades with the Warriors and Mavericks, according to Wojnarowski.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason