Report: Celtics, Nets blockbuster involving Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce pending
|06.27.13 at 1:20 pm ET|
The Celtics and Nets have agreed to a deal that will send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn, pending Garnett waiving his no-trade clause, according to Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.
While both sides are pressing to finalize the trade, Garnett “doesn’t want to be pressured into a quick decision,” a source told Wojnarowski, and the NBA’s moratorium prevents any deal from becoming official until July 10.
Jason Terry would reportedly join the two future Hall of Famers in going to Brooklyn.
Meanwhile, the Celtics would receive three first-round picks — in non-successive seasons from 2014-18 by rule, the report said, giving the C’s nine first-rounders over the next five seasons.
The Celtics would also assume the following salaries in order to make the deal work: Gerald Wallace (3 years, $30.3 million), Kris Humphries (1 year, $12 million), Reggie Evans (2 year, $3.5 million), Keith Bogans (sign-and-trade) and one more NBA minimum-wage player.
The Celtics also discussed potential Garnett and Pierce trades with the Warriors and Mavericks, according to Wojnarowski.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...