Big games from Kelly Olynyk, Darius Johnson-Odom lead Celtics over Pistons in summer league
|07.08.13 at 5:05 pm ET|
Guard Darius Johnson-Odom scored a game-high 22 points over the bench while Celtics first-round pick Kelly Olynyk added 13 points, six rebounds and five steals as Boston beat Detroit, 93-63, in a summer league blowout in Orlando.
“It’s an asset if you can go inside-out,” Olynyk told NBA TV after Boston’s first win of summer league. After scoring 25 points in Sunday’s first game, Olynyk added an all-around game on Monday, chipping in with three assists and a blocked shot.
The Celtics were in complete control of the game, jumping out to a 30-9 lead after one quarter. The Celtics benefitted from balanced scoring as 12 of 13 players on the roster scored.
It was just the sixth 30-point decision in the history of summer league play in Orlando.
Phil Pressey was on the only other Celtics player in double figures, scoring 12 points.
While the Celtics improved to 1-1 in summer league, the Pistons, coached by Rasheed Wallace, suffered their first loss and evened their record at 1-1.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk