Kelly Olynyk drops 25 in NBA summer league debut
|07.08.13 at 8:25 am ET|
Celtics first-round pick Kelly Olynyk scored 25 points in just 27 minutes of a 95-88 loss to the Magic during his NBA summer league debut in Orlando on Sunday.
Olynyk converted 9-of-12 attempts, including the first two of four 3-point shots, to go along with seven rebounds. Oh, and six fouls.
‘I really like his game,’ new Celtics coach Brad Stevens told The Boston Globe from the sidelines. ‘He’s really bright. You can tell he makes others around him better. I thought he did some good things defensively as well. He’s going to be a good player.’
Fellow 7-footer Fab Melo added nine points and eight boards while summer league invitees Tony Mitchell (16 points) and Phil Pressey (11 points) each reached double figures. Celtics second-round pick Colton Iverson finished scoreless and grabbed four rebounds in his first game in green.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...