Paul Pierce can’t say ‘thank you’ enough to Boston and its fans
|07.16.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
Paul Pierce was always at the leading edge of social media among Boston athletes in his 15 years in Boston.
He showed again why on Tuesday, taking to Instagram, creating an account [paulpierce] with a similar handle to his Twitter account of @paulpierce34, to say thank you to the city of Boston and its fans for their support over his time with the Celtics.
He created a hastag of #THANKYOUBOSTON for those on Instagram wishing to surface all of the photos he has collected over the years.
His home page features a photo of him with a youngish Tom Brady (circa the 2001-02 season).
Pierce was formally traded on July 12 to Brooklyn along with fellow future hall of famer Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry for Kris Humphries, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace and Kris Joseph and three first-round picks. In one of his first acts as a member of his new team, he wanted to show Tuesday that he hadn’t forgotten all that was accomplished with the team that brought him into the NBA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason