Celtics announce signings of Phil Pressey, Vitor Faverani
|07.23.13 at 10:21 am ET|
The Celtics on Monday confirmed the signings of guard Phil Pressey and Brazilian center Vitor Faverani.
Pressey, who played at Waltham High School and Cushing Academy when his father, Paul, was a Celtics assistant coach in the mid-2000s, was undrafted out of Missouri but played well for the Celtics’ summer league team in Orlando this month. The 5-foot-11 Pressey averaged 9.4 points, 6.6 assists and 2.0 steals in 23 minutes per game over five games in Orlando. As a senior at Missouri, Pressey averaged 11.9 points, 7.1 assists and 1.8 steals in 33.9 minutes per game over 34 games and was named to the All-SEC first team.
Faverani, a 6-foot-11 center, averaged 9.3 points and 4.6 rebounds while shooting 55 percent in 17 minutes per game over 23 games for Valencia Basket of the Spanish ACB.
The signings puts the Celtics roster at 17. They also are over the salary cap and are expected to move some bodies in order to avoid paying the luxury tax again this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason