Celtics acquire Donte Greene from Memphis for Fab Melo, cash considerations
|08.15.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
The Celtics have acquired forward Donte Greene from Memphis in exchange for center Fab Melo and cash considerations, the team announced on Thursday.
The 6-foot-11 Greene averaged 6.1 points and 2.4 rebounds per game over his first four seasons, all with the Sacramento Kings. He signed with the Grizzlies — the team that originally drafted him 28th overall in 2008 — last season, but did not appear in any games.
Melo was a first-round pick for the Celtics in 2012. He appeared in six games last season, recording seven points and three rebounds in 36 total minutes. Melo also appeared in 33 games for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League, averaging 9.8 points, 6.0 rebound and a league-high 3.1 blocks per game. He was named to the D-League All-Defensive First Team and D-League All-Rookie First Team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason