Celtics acquire Donte Greene from Memphis for Fab Melo, cash considerations
|08.15.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
The Celtics have acquired forward Donte Greene from Memphis in exchange for center Fab Melo and cash considerations, the team announced on Thursday.
The 6-foot-11 Greene averaged 6.1 points and 2.4 rebounds per game over his first four seasons, all with the Sacramento Kings. He signed with the Grizzlies — the team that originally drafted him 28th overall in 2008 — last season, but did not appear in any games.
Melo was a first-round pick for the Celtics in 2012. He appeared in six games last season, recording seven points and three rebounds in 36 total minutes. Melo also appeared in 33 games for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League, averaging 9.8 points, 6.0 rebound and a league-high 3.1 blocks per game. He was named to the D-League All-Defensive First Team and D-League All-Rookie First Team.
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk
- Rondo could be medically cleared next week
- The Celtics are hoping that the 3rd time's a charm as they host the Bucks