Jared Sullinger apologizes in statement for ’embarrassing’ situation
|09.03.13 at 3:10 pm ET|
Jared Sullinger issued a statement Tuesday afternoon regarding his arrest earlier in the day. Sullinger was charged with assaulting his girlfriend during a confrontation Saturday. He turned himself in Tuesday morning and was released on $5,000 cash bail after a court appearance.
“I voluntarily reported to the Waltham police this morning to respond to charges against me,” Sullinger said in the statement. “The experience was humbling and embarrassing for me. Yet I know that this situation has brought both sorrow and embarrassment to my girlfriend, my family, the Boston Celtics organization, my teammates, and my fans. To all of you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
“My lawyers have advised me not to discuss the case at this time. But I wanted to immediately and publicly apologize to everyone affected by this situation.”
For more on Sullinger’s arrest and court appearance, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason