Jared Sullinger apologizes in statement for ‘embarrassing’ situation
|09.03.13 at 3:10 pm ET|
Jared Sullinger issued a statement Tuesday afternoon regarding his arrest earlier in the day. Sullinger was charged with assaulting his girlfriend during a confrontation Saturday. He turned himself in Tuesday morning and was released on $5,000 cash bail after a court appearance.
“I voluntarily reported to the Waltham police this morning to respond to charges against me,” Sullinger said in the statement. “The experience was humbling and embarrassing for me. Yet I know that this situation has brought both sorrow and embarrassment to my girlfriend, my family, the Boston Celtics organization, my teammates, and my fans. To all of you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
“My lawyers have advised me not to discuss the case at this time. But I wanted to immediately and publicly apologize to everyone affected by this situation.”
For more on Sullinger’s arrest and court appearance, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?