Jared Sullinger released on $5,000 bail after being charged following domestic dispute
|09.03.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
Celtics forward Jared Sullinger appeared in Waltham District Court on Tuesday after being arrested and charged with assaulting his girlfriend during a confrontation Saturday. He was released on $5,000 cash bail.
Sullinger, wearing a gray Ohio State T-shirt, showed no emotion as the charges against him were read aloud. He was handcuffed as he sat in the docks.
The state claims Sullinger, upset after an argument over perceived infidelity, pinned his girlfriend to the bed, pushed her, grabbed her iPhone and smashed it when she attempted to call police. He was charged with assault and battery, destruction of an iPhone and intimidation of a witness.
Sullinger’s lawyer said the player had flown to Ohio for a planned visit with his parents, and when he learned that his girlfriend had called police 10 hours after the incident, he immediately flew back and turned himself in at 6 a.m. Tuesday, after meeting with his attorney an hour earlier.
Sullinger’s girlfriend attended Tuesday’s proceeding and told the judge she did not feel that she was in danger. Sullinger was told he can contact her by phone or see her with another person present.
Sullinger, who left the courthouse with his father, is due back in court Sept. 19.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason