Jared Sullinger released on $5,000 bail after being charged following domestic dispute
|09.03.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
Celtics forward Jared Sullinger appeared in Waltham District Court on Tuesday after being arrested and charged with assaulting his girlfriend during a confrontation Saturday. He was released on $5,000 cash bail.
Sullinger, wearing a gray Ohio State T-shirt, showed no emotion as the charges against him were read aloud. He was handcuffed as he sat in the docks.
The state claims Sullinger, upset after an argument over perceived infidelity, pinned his girlfriend to the bed, pushed her, grabbed her iPhone and smashed it when she attempted to call police. He was charged with assault and battery, destruction of an iPhone and intimidation of a witness.
Sullinger’s lawyer said the player had flown to Ohio for a planned visit with his parents, and when he learned that his girlfriend had called police 10 hours after the incident, he immediately flew back and turned himself in at 6 a.m. Tuesday, after meeting with his attorney an hour earlier.
Sullinger’s girlfriend attended Tuesday’s proceeding and told the judge she did not feel that she was in danger. Sullinger was told he can contact her by phone or see her with another person present.
Sullinger, who left the courthouse with his father, is due back in court Sept. 19.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...