Paul Pierce eyes return to Boston — someday
|09.23.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
Paul Pierce wants to return to Boston. Just not as a basketball player.
Maybe as a restaurant owner.
‘Ultimately, what I would like to do is have a business in Boston,’ the former Celtics captain told The Boston Globe. ‘Maybe like a sports bar. I would love to do something like that here. None of the former Celtic great players have come and done that. I thought about it, and why hasn’t anyone come and opened up a nice restaurant? You see the Don Shula restaurant, the Michael Jordan restaurant, and Magic [Johnson] got the theaters in LA. Why nobody here? All this history, all these championships and love, why has nobody done that?
‘I am going to still have relationships here. I’m always going to come to this city. Every year, when I’m done, I’m going to have a reason to come here.’
Or maybe as a front office executive.
‘Who knows? I may be working for Wyc Grousbeck or Danny Ainge,’ he added. ‘A lot of players don’t understand it. I’ve always understood it. And [other players] let their pride and ego get in the way. I’ve made a lot of money here, I’ve built relationships, won a championship here, I thank y’all for everything y’all gave me. How can I be mad for everything they’ve given me. I’m thankful.’
So, if it’s any consolation, Pierce still loves Boston.
Here’s hoping his restaurant will be more Ray Bourque‘s Tresca than David Ortiz‘s Big Papi’s Grille. Either way, Pierce better get the 2008 Celtics together to recreate the Scotch ‘n Sirloin commercial from 1986.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...