Jalen Rose to Bill Simmons: Rajon Rondo ‘will be traded’
|10.08.13 at 10:57 am ET|
So, this exchange just happened.
Bill Simmons: “Clairvoyant Bill thinks Rajon Rondo has 20 games or less left as a Boston Celtic. He’ll play 20 games or under this year with the BOS next to his career stats someday, whether they hold him and hold him and hold him and just shelve him and waste the season and don’t bring him back until February and then give him some fake injury so they can tank, or whether they get 15 games out of him and then trade him.”
Jalen Rose: “Bill, this is why we give the people what they want. What you just described is the worst-kept secret in the NBA. Once you trade Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, the year before they lost Ray Allen, and you lose Doc Rivers, the next obvious domino is Rajon Rondo.”
BS: “If you’re going to blow it up, don’t leave one room in the blown-up house and be like, ‘I’m going to keep the living room.’ You blow up the house. They have to convince him that we’re going to take care of you with a max extension, but you gotta sacrifice this year. He didn’t play the second half of last year, so he’s going to give up a year-and-a-half?”
JR: “When Rondo shows that he’s back playing at an elite level, he will be traded from the Boston Celtics.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?