Jeff Green: The [expletive] mentality is coming
|10.08.13 at 12:35 am ET|
Jeff Green is embracing the mentality with which Kevin Garnett encouraged him to play. Just as he did on Media Day, the de facto Celtics star cut right to the point when a reporter approached the subject delicately.
“[Expletive]-hole? It’s coming. I didn’t bring it tonight, obviously, the way I played, but it’s coming. It’s coming.”
In his first game as the focal point in the Celtics offense, Green struggled in the C’s 97-89 preseason loss to the Raptors, scoring just six points on 2-of-7 shooting (0-4 3P) and committing as many turnovers (3) as he totaled assists (2) and rebounds (1) in his 23:17 on the floor. Did he sense the added attention from the Raptors?
“Most definitely,” said Green. “The rotations weren’t solid. It was tough to get a rhythm, but you can definitely sense where the attention is headed. So, I’ve just got to look at film and see where I can attack and take my shots.”
First thing he’ll notice: a lack of transition buckets. Of Green’s seven shots, five came from outside 20 feet. He took two shots from the paint — a miss 2:18 into the game and a fourth-quarter dunk that cut Toronto’s lead to 89-86 with 4:15 remaining. In other words, he played a span 41:03 without being an [expletive]-hole.
“Like I said, we’re still learning. It’s only been seven days and a couple practices. This is our first preseason games. We’ve got three more this week, so we’ve just got to continue to practice and continue to do better.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...