His new endorsement deal with Chinese company Anta now official, Rajon Rondo  granted an interview to a few reporters at Boston’s Four Seasons Hotel to promote the shoe he helped design and a new clothing line. 
The Celtics  point guard held true to his vague “some time in the 2013-14 season” timeline for a return and cleared up a few recent statements, including Grantland’s assertion “he will be traded ” this season and Rondo’s own claim he “didn’t feel anything” when Paul Pierce , Kevin Garnett  and Doc Rivers  left town this summer. The following quotes come from CBS Sports , Boston Herald  and Comcast  reports.
- On Boston: “I love it here. The fans are great here. And Danny [Ainge] has been straightforward with me. This is my team. Why would I want to leave? Why would I want out? I never really backed away from a challenge. This would be a challenge. I’m looking forward to working with coach [Brad] Stevens. It’s a brand new start for us as a team. A lot of new players and a lot of young guys willing to listen, so I’m very excited.”
- On basketball: “Whatever coach asks of me, that’s what I try to do. If he wants me to shoot the ball more, I’ll shoot it. But at the end of the day, my natural instincts are to make my teammates better. Regardless of who is out on the floor, I believe I do make everybody out there better. I’m going to push them as hard as I can. I’m going to demand a lot out of them. I wouldn’t demand anything that I wouldn’t demand of myself. So I’m excited to play with a new group of guys.”
- On brotherhood: ‘Obviously, it was different when the trade went down. I didn’t expect it to happen because I just got off a plane. But it happens, and that’s the business. But I’m not going to say, like, ‘Forget about them.’ I was just talking about them in the locker room today — telling some stories about how KG was, things Paul did. At the end of the day, I still talk to every one of those guys. I talk to JET [Jason Terry ]. I talk to P. I talked to Kevin [Monday]. We still check on each other. It’s a brotherhood. It’s something you can’t erase. We won titles together. We’ve been through the fire together. It’s something for life.”
- On Rivers: “I took a lot away from Doc. I still catch myself laughing at some of the things he’s told certain guys. Now, me being the leader of this team, I mimic some of the things that Doc has said to each individual guy. I learned a lot from Doc. I tried to study his ways as far as a coach because it’s something I may want to do in the future. I’ve got a lot of respect for Doc.”
- On Adrian Peterson : ‘Obviously, he came back and had an MVP season. That’s what I want to have when I come back. I don’t want to come back and be mediocre. I don’t want to have any excuses. I want to be ready to go. I don’t want to have to blame anything on my knee.’