Rajon Rondo, a Chinese reporter and a shoe
|10.11.13 at 4:39 pm ET|
A Chinese reporter interviewed Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo while he sat in a chair with his new Rondo 1 shoe from Anta on his lap. My favorite part is when some dude stops her from asking any more questions about his knee. Well, that and all of Rondo’s humor getting lost in translation. Here are some other highlights. Enjoy.
Let us know the latest update on your knee injury.
“I’m right on schedule. I will return this year, and I’m taking one day, one week at a time.”
How long do you anticipate until you’re back on the court?
“Well, I’m on the court now. As far as playing, I don’t know. I don’t really want to put a timetable on it, because it’s something that I can be going great for one week and then I can have a setback with this type of injury the next, so I’m just going to take it one week at a time.”
“The pressure gets bigger each year, and if you know me, then you know I love pressure, so I don’t think about it too much. I’m just focused on getting my knee back healthy and getting back on the court as fast as possible.”
What do you think are the main characteristics a team leader needs to have?
“He has to be humble. He has to be able to listen. A leader doesn’t always have to be the one that talks. You have to lead by example, and just always have faith and believe in one another.”
What do you hope to see from the Celtics this season?
“I hope to see us grow as a team. I hope to see us win a lot of games, and as long as we’re out there competing and give it all we have each game, then I think we’ll do that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...