Bill Russell took different route than Wesley Snipes
|10.21.13 at 10:54 am ET|
Celtics legend Bill Russell issued an apology through The Boston Globe following his arrest for carrying a loaded .38 caliber Smith & Wesson handgun in his carry-on luggage when attempting to board a flight from his adopted home of Seattle to Boston, where he is scheduled to be honored with a statue at City Hall Plaza on Nov. 1.
‘Before boarding my flight from Seattle to Boston, I had accidentally left a legal firearm in my bag. I apologize and truly regret the mistake,’ he said. ‘I was issued a citation by the TSA, whose agents couldn’t have been more thorough and professional when dealing with this. I really appreciate their efforts to keep air travel safe.’
Probably a lot smarter than the Wesley Snipes route: “My instincts are to wax your ass all over this floor!”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason