Gerald Wallace, Vitor Faverani nursing injuries
|10.25.13 at 10:12 am ET|
Despite Brad Stevens‘ assurance that Rajon Rondo is the lone Celtics player who won’t be available for Wednesday’s opener, both Gerald Wallace and Vitor Faverani reportedly missed Thursday’s practice for “preventative” measures.
Dressed in a Patriots sweatshirt and a walking boot, Wallace told reporters after practice that he received a cortisone shot in a left ankle that’s bothered him “all summer long.”
Meanwhile, Faverani will consult with doctors on Friday after undergoing an MRI for a sore lower back, according to ESPN.com’s Chris Forsberg. Faverani’s back reportedly stiffened during warmups prior to totaling 15 points, seven boards and six blocks over 28 minutes in a preseason victory against the Nets.
Still, Stevens assured the media, “It’s all very preventative.”
Meanwhile, Jared Sullinger returned to practice after missing Wednesday’s game due to illness.
The Celtics are expected to announce the release of training camp invitees Damen Bell-Holter, DeShawn Sims and Kammron Taylor shortly. The fourth invitee, Chris Babb, is still practicing with the team, but he’s doubtful to make the final roster because of the salary cap predicament his signing would create.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...