Jared Sullinger cleared of domestic violence charges
|10.28.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
The domestic violence charges against Celtics forward Jared Sullinger have been dismissed, according to Boston Globe news reporter David Abel.
Sullinger’s former girlfriend refused to testify and requested charges be dismissed against him, Abel said, and the Middlesex County district attorney’s had no choice but to drop the case. The Waltham District Court judge obliged.
Sullinger reportedly would not comment on the case but offered this response to a question about his status: “Ready to play.” The Celtics are scheduled to travel to Toronto for Wednesday’s season opener.
In early September, Sullinger first appeared in court after being arrested and charged with assault and battery, destruction of an iPhone and intimidation of a witness for allegedly pinning his then girlfriend to the bed, pushing her, grabbing her iPhone and smashing it when she attempted to call police during an argument over perceived infidelity.
“The experience was humbling and embarrassing for me,” Sullinger said in the statement early last month. “Yet I know that this situation has brought both sorrow and embarrassment to my girlfriend, my family, the Boston Celtics organization, my teammates, and my fans. To all of you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.”
— David Abel (@davabel) October 28, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason