Report: Avery Bradley headed for restricted free agency after failing to finalize deal with Celtics
|11.01.13 at 10:46 am ET|
Avery Bradley and the Celtics could not come an agreement on a contract extension by Thursday’s deadline for 2010 draftees on rookie contracts, meaning the guard will become a restricted free agent next offseason, according to a Boston Globe report.
The sides had been talking about a four-year deal but apparently could not put the pieces together. The Celtics still would be able to match any offer Bradley receives from another team.
The 22-year-old defensive standout continues to be inconsistent with his offense, evidenced by his 4-for-13 shooting in Wednesday’s season-opening loss to the Raptors. He also had as many turnovers as assists (4).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason