Report: Avery Bradley headed for restricted free agency after failing to finalize deal with Celtics
|11.01.13 at 10:46 am ET|
Avery Bradley and the Celtics could not come an agreement on a contract extension by Thursday’s deadline for 2010 draftees on rookie contracts, meaning the guard will become a restricted free agent next offseason, according to a Boston Globe report.
The sides had been talking about a four-year deal but apparently could not put the pieces together. The Celtics still would be able to match any offer Bradley receives from another team.
The 22-year-old defensive standout continues to be inconsistent with his offense, evidenced by his 4-for-13 shooting in Wednesday’s season-opening loss to the Raptors. He also had as many turnovers as assists (4).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...