Celtics fall to 0-3 after loss to Pistons
|11.03.13 at 8:42 pm ET|
The Celtics have now dropped their first three games for the second time in the past three seasons, losing to the Pistons, 87-77, Sunday night at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
The Celts fought back from from a 10-point halftime deficit to cut the Pistons’ lead to five heading into the fourth quarter. Boston even took a brief two-point lead early in the fourth. But behind the frontcourt of Greg Monroe, Josh Smith and Andre Drummond (each scoring 15 points), the Pistons pulled away in the final quarter.
Not helping the Celtics’ cause was shooting 3-for-16 from beyond the 3-point arc, while being out-rebounded, 44-37.
A bright spot for the Celtics was rookie Kelly Olynyk, who netted 15 points while grabbing eight rebounds in 25 minutes. Jordan Crawford and Avery Bradley was the only other two Celts to finish in double-figures, scoring 13 points apiece.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...