Following loss to Grizzlies, Celtics still winless after four games
|11.05.13 at 12:04 am ET|
The Celtics have begun their season at 0-4 after dropping a 95-88 loss to the Grizzlies at Memphis Monday night. It is the first time the C’s have started a season without a win in their first four games since 1969.
The Celts were doomed by a mammoth fourth quarter by Jerryd Bayless, who netted 15 points in the final frame. Bayless went 6-of-7 from the field in the fourth to help erase the visitors’ six-point lead midway through the final quarter.
Not helping matters for Brad Stevens‘ team once again were a healthy amount of turnovers, notching 21 in the game. The Celtics lead the league with the most turnovers through the season’s first couple of weeks.
The Celtics had grabbed a four-point lead at halftime, in large part because of Jeff Green’s 16 points in the first two quarters. It was a half that saw the C’s shoot 54 percent from the floor.
But Memphis came out hot in the second half, going on a 12-4 run while Boston was going just 1-for-9 from the field. The Celts to rebound to grab a six-point lead heading into the fourth quarter.
Green led the Celtics with 22 points (going 9-for-12 from the field), while Jared Sullinger contributed with 16 points in just 20 minutes. Rookie Kelly Olynyk had a rough night, going 1-for-8 from the floor while committing four turnovers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...