Celtics hang on against Magic for first road win
|11.08.13 at 9:38 pm ET|
The Celtics claimed their ninth straight win over the Magic, this time beating Orlando, 91-89, Friday night.
Leading the way against the Magic — who had won three in a row — was another strong performance from Brandon Bass, who finished with 16 points and seven rebounds.
The Magic closed the gap to two points with 1:38 left in the game after a four-point play from Aaron Afflalo. Celtics rookie Kelly Olynyk came back to knock down a jumper with 1:13 left to make it a two-possession game heading into the final minute.
Afflalo, however, struck again converting a three-point play with 26 seconds left, cutting the Celtics’ lead to one. Bass built the Celtics’ lead back up to three by knocking down two free throws with :10.5 remaining.
Afflalo struck one more time, converting a jumper just on the three-point line with :04.6 on the clock, bringing Orlando within a point.
The C’s, who came with the third-most turnovers in the NBA, limited their miscues to 11, while Orlando turned the ball over 20 times.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason