Celtics come up small against Timberwolves’ bigs in blowout loss
|11.16.13 at 10:19 pm ET|
While the Celtics remained competitive through the first half, trailing by just five through two quarters, they were blown out on the road by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the third quarter en route to a 106-88 defeat. A competitive game became a blowout during a third quarter in which Minnesota outscored the visitors, 34-20.
The Celtics could do little to stop the T-Wolves’ bigs, as center Nikola Pekovic (20 points on 8-of-9 shooting) and Kevin Love (23 points) faced little opposition. Minnesota outscored the Celtics in the paint, 52-28.
Avery Bradley led the Celtics with a season-high 27 points (one short of his career high) on 12-of-23 shooting, but Jeff Green proved invisible (two points) while the Celtics turned over the ball 21 times.
The Celtics dropped to 4-7, having lost three in a row.
For more Celtics coverage, visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason