Celtics blown out by Rockets en route to fourth straight loss
|11.19.13 at 10:28 pm ET|
The Celtics have been slapped with a big ol’ dose of NBA reality.
Brad Stevens‘ team was blown out for a second straight road game, this time dropping a 109-85 decision to the Rockets in Houston. It was the Celtics’ fourth straight loss after having won four in a row.
The C’s continued to struggle offensively, having now scored under 90 points in six of their eight losses. This time the Celts’ woes came against a Houston team that came into the game having allowed the second-most points per game of any NBA team.
Not helping matters was the Celtics’ porous defense, with the Rockets shooting 57 percent. Houston managed the rout despite Dwight Howard totaling just 10 points. The hosts’ primary weapon was Terrence Jones, who scored a career-high 24 points on 10-of-12 shooting from the field in just 27 minutes.
The game was never close, with the Rockets holding a 40-18 lead after the first quarter (going 16-of-20 from the field), and 68-44 advantage at halftime.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason