Nets’ Paul Pierce out 2-4 weeks with broken hand, will miss game vs. Celtics
|12.02.13 at 12:18 pm ET|
Nets swingman Paul Pierce is expected to miss 2-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture of the third metacarpal of his right hand, the team announced Monday.
The injury is likely to force Pierce to miss next Tuesday’s game vs. the Celtics in Brooklyn.
Pierce was injured in the first half of Friday night’s 114-95 loss to the Rockets.
Pierce is averaging 12.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 15 games this season, his first in Brooklyn following the offseason trade that also included Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry leaving Boston.
The Nets are 5-12 and ahead of only the Knicks in the Atlantic Division.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?