Nets’ Paul Pierce out 2-4 weeks with broken hand, will miss game vs. Celtics
|12.02.13 at 12:18 pm ET|
Nets swingman Paul Pierce is expected to miss 2-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture of the third metacarpal of his right hand, the team announced Monday.
The injury is likely to force Pierce to miss next Tuesday’s game vs. the Celtics in Brooklyn.
Pierce was injured in the first half of Friday night’s 114-95 loss to the Rockets.
Pierce is averaging 12.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 15 games this season, his first in Brooklyn following the offseason trade that also included Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry leaving Boston.
The Nets are 5-12 and ahead of only the Knicks in the Atlantic Division.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...