Kevin Love on loss to Celtics: ‘[Expletive] happens’
|12.17.13 at 2:43 pm ET|
“We beat that team the large majority of the times we play,” said Love, who recorded 27 points and 14 assists against a soft interior Boston defense, “but, like they say, [expletive] happens.”
Asked if he felt his T-Wolves gifted the Celtics a victory, Love added, “Big time. Big time.”
The Timberwolves (12-13) did hand the Celtics a beating in their first meeting, a 106-88 decision in Minnesota last month. Prior to this season, however, the two-time NBA All-Star owned a 1-10 record in his career against the C’s, but this is a different Celtics team under a different Celtics coach — a younger roster that plays equally as hard, even if Love isn’t prepared to give them a whole lot of credit just yet.
“We thought we could’ve beat that team,” said Love. “They executed down the stretch, but more than anything we beat ourselves.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason