Knicks reportedly holding out hope to acquire Rajon Rondo
|12.26.13 at 9:25 am ET|
Reports emerged earlier this season that the Knicks were interested in injured Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, with Knicks star Carmelo Anthony allegedly trying to talk Rondo into making the move to New York when his contract with the C’s expires after next season.
Now, an ESPN report indicates the desperate Knicks are hoping to acquire Rondo even earlier. The team is said to be hoping Rondo will follow the path Anthony took out of Denver in 2011, when he forced a trade to the Knicks by refusing to sign an extension.
Of course, the Knicks still would need to have something reasonable to present to Boston. A rumor in November had New York considering offering a subpar package of Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire. At that time, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge insisted: “I haven’t talked to any teams about Rajon Rondo.”
Rondo recently started practicing with the Celtics as he continues to recover from a torn ACL suffered in January, but he said last week that he might not return in January, as had been speculated.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...