Report: Ryan Gomes coming to Celtics as part of Courtney Lee for Jerryd Bayless trade
|01.06.14 at 9:52 pm ET|
Gomes’ involvement in the deal appears to be a salary dump by Oklahoma City to help facilitate the trade and create a small amount of cap space, Stein reported. The Celtics are expected to waive the former Providence College star before the remainder of his $884,293 salary becomes guaranteed on Tuesday.
Gomes has appeared in just five games for the Thunder this season, scoring all of six points in 34 total minutes. The 31-year-old forward averaged 10.0 points and 5.3 rebounds over his first two NBA seasons in Boston after the Celtics selected him with their second-round draft pick in 2005. He was traded to the Timberwolves in 2007 as part of the Kevin Garnett deal.
Second-round picks may also be involved in the trade, Stein said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...