Report: Ryan Gomes coming to Celtics as part of Courtney Lee for Jerryd Bayless trade
|01.06.14 at 9:52 pm ET|
Gomes’ involvement in the deal appears to be a salary dump by Oklahoma City to help facilitate the trade and create a small amount of cap space, Stein reported. The Celtics are expected to waive the former Providence College star before the remainder of his $884,293 salary becomes guaranteed on Tuesday.
Gomes has appeared in just five games for the Thunder this season, scoring all of six points in 34 total minutes. The 31-year-old forward averaged 10.0 points and 5.3 rebounds over his first two NBA seasons in Boston after the Celtics selected him with their second-round draft pick in 2005. He was traded to the Timberwolves in 2007 as part of the Kevin Garnett deal.
Second-round picks may also be involved in the trade, Stein said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason