Celtics briefly send Rajon Rondo to D-League
|01.15.14 at 1:07 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo‘s Red Claws tenure lasted less than two hours.
The All-Star point guard participated in a workout with the Red Claws in Boston and is still expected to make his return from ACL surgery on Friday against the Lakers.
“Rajon is progressing terrifically in his rehab and this is the next step,” Celtics president Danny Ainge said in a statement.
The Celtics backcourt against the Raptors on Wednesday will be thin. They excused Keith Bogans indefinitely for personal reasons on Tuesday, and then reportedly traded Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks a day later.
That leaves Avery Bradley and the newly acquired Jerryd Bayless as the likely starters against Toronto, with rookie Phil Pressey as the lone true backup guard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason