Celtics keep on losing, this time falling short against lowly Orlando Magic
|01.19.14 at 8:44 pm ET|
In the race to claim one of the NBA’s worst records, this would have been a good night for the Celtics. But for those hoping for some wins, the 93-91 loss to the Magic was about as demoralizing a game as this season has presented.
The Celtics lost for the 14th time in their last 16 tries, extending their road losing streak to nine straight.
This one, however, was more than just another defeat. This loss came at the hands of a team seemingly in worse shape than the Celts.
With the victory, the Magic snapped a 10-game losing streak. They had also dropped their last 10 meetings with the Celtics.
The loss was sealed when Orlando’s Tobias Harris sunk two free throws after Kris Humphries was whistled for a loose ball foul with 10 seconds remaining.
Avery Bradley lost control of the ball while driving to the hoop as the buzzer sounded, ending the Celtics’ final chance.
In his second game back after recovering from knee surgery, Rajon Rondo scored six points in 21 minutes, going 3-of-10 from the field while dishing out four assists.
The Magic finished with five players in double-figures, with former Celtic Glen Davis recording 17 points and seven rebounds. Arron Afflalo led the hosts with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
Celtics guard Jerryd Bayless was forced from the game after spraining his right toe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...