Report: Danny Ainge shopping Jeff Green to Atlanta Hawks in possible trade
|02.09.14 at 7:16 pm ET|
The New York Daily News reported Sunday that the Celtics vice president of basketball operations is shopping the forward around and the Atlanta Hawks reportedly have serious interest in acquiring him before the Feb. 20 deadline.
Green has $18.4 million left in guaranteed money after this season, including a player option for $9.2 million for 2015-16. He is leading the Celtics in scoring this season at 16.3 while playing in all 52 games through Sunday.
Sam Amick of USA Today reported Sunday that the Knicks might be willing to take on Green’s contract or that of Gerald Wallace in order to entice Ainge to trade Rondo to the Knicks in exchange for a package that could include Amar’e Stoudemire and several young players.
The Hawks are clearly looking to add pieces to a roster they think can make a move in the underwhelming Eastern Conference this season. They stood 25-24 entering Sunday’s action, in fourth place in the East, just a half-game ahead of Chicago Bulls.
— Mitch Lawrence (@Mitch_Lawrence) February 9, 2014
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?