Close but no cigar for Celtics against league’s top team, Pacers
|03.02.14 at 6:34 am ET|
The Celtics made a game of it, but that would be the extent of the C’s success against Indiana on Saturday night at TD Garden.
Brad Stevens‘ team — carrying the NBA’s fourth-worst record against the team with the top mark in the league — had it within two with 1:31 left. But a Paul George 3-pointer put things out of reach, helping hand the Pacers a 102-97 win.
Playing a season-high 38 minutes, Rajon Rondo dished out 11 assists, but went just 4-of-11 from the floor. Jared Sullinger returned from a three-game hiatus due to a concussion, playing 24 minutes and scoring 10 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason