Gerald Wallace undergoes surgery, officially out for remainder of Celtics season
|03.04.14 at 1:04 pm ET|
Gerald Wallace is officially out for the remainder of the season, the Celtics announced on Tuesday. He underwent separate arthroscopic surgeries to repair a torn meniscus on his left knee and bone spurs in his left ankle.
Thus ends the first season of the cumbersome three years and $30.3 million remaining on his contract when Boston acquired him in the trade that sent Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Nets this past summer.
After failing to show up for his introductory press conference, he professed his love for David Ortiz and Tom Brady at Media Day. That’s where the highlights of his first Celtics season begin and end. The former NBA All-Star averaged 5.1 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.3 steals in 24.4 minutes over 58 games — all while regularly calling out his teammates over a lack of effort.
Meanwhile, Kelly Olynyk (toe) has shed his walking boot and could return from his two-game absence for Wednesday’s home tilt agains the Warriors. Likewise, Avery Bradley (ankle) will undergo an MRI to determine his status, according to reports out of Celtics practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason