Nets’ Kevin Garnett (back) will not travel to Boston
|03.06.14 at 4:40 pm ET|
The former Celtics star will miss a fourth straight game with back spasms. He has averaged 6.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 21.0 minutes over 49 games for the Nets (30-29) this season. Mason Plumlee will start at center in Garnett’s absence.
Paul Pierce, however, will make the trip. He is averaging 13.5 points (43.2 FG%), 4.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.1 steals in 28.8 minutes over 54 games in a Brooklyn uniform. The Celtics paid video tribute to Pierce and Garnett in their emotional return to the Garden on Jan. 26.
“I think as long I’m in the NBA, it’s still going to be a little emotional for me,” Pierce told New York Newsday. “I played so many regular-season games, so many big games on that floor, so many memories that are never going to go away on that floor. So, it’s still going to be a little emotional. Probably not as much, but when you have those memories, it’s tough to let it go.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...