Celtics starting shooting struggles spell defeat in Dallas
|03.17.14 at 11:26 pm ET|
Though Jerryd Bayless nearly inspired a single-handed fourth-quarter comeback, a pulseless performance from the rest of the Celtics starting five yielded a 94-89 loss to the Mavericks. Bayless — who led the Celtics with 19 points — scored nine straight points in a 2:01 stretch in the game’s final minutes, and the C’s got within a point at 90-89 with just 22 seconds remaining, but Dallas converted four free throws to put the game away.
Despite the late outburst by Bayless, the Celtics’ starting five put together a brutal performance. The quintet of Bayless, Avery Bradley (11 points), Kris Humphries (5 points), Brandon Bass (5 points) and Jeff Green (5 points) amassed a combined 45 points on 17-of-55 (31 percent) from the floor, with Green (2-of-12) struggling through a particularly dismal performance. The poor shooting offset a solid night for the Celtics bench (led by Kelly Olynyk, who scored 16 and grabbed nine boards, and Jared Sullinger, who scored 13 with nine reboundes) and a dominant night on the glass (Boston outrebounded Dallas, 57-36).
For more from the game, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...