Celtics routed by Wizards for 11th straight road loss
|04.03.14 at 6:34 am ET|
Marcin Gortat hit 10-of-13 shots and finished with 22 points for the Wizards, and Bradley Beal shot 7-for-8 and scored 19 points.
Jared Sullinger scored 25 points for the Celtics, who lost their sixth straight overall and 11th straight on the road.
The C’s, playing without Avery Bradley (strained right Achilles) never led, falling behind 19-4 five minutes into the game. The Wizards shot 61 percent in the first half en route to a 57-46 lead at the break, then outscored Boston 32-16 in the third quarter as the Celtics made just 4-of-18 shots with six turnovers in that period.
“We laid an egg,” C’s coach Brad Stevens said. “We didn’t provide any fight tonight.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?