Celtics routed by Wizards for 11th straight road loss
|04.03.14 at 6:34 am ET|
Marcin Gortat hit 10-of-13 shots and finished with 22 points for the Wizards, and Bradley Beal shot 7-for-8 and scored 19 points.
Jared Sullinger scored 25 points for the Celtics, who lost their sixth straight overall and 11th straight on the road.
The C’s, playing without Avery Bradley (strained right Achilles) never led, falling behind 19-4 five minutes into the game. The Wizards shot 61 percent in the first half en route to a 57-46 lead at the break, then outscored Boston 32-16 in the third quarter as the Celtics made just 4-of-18 shots with six turnovers in that period.
“We laid an egg,” C’s coach Brad Stevens said. “We didn’t provide any fight tonight.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason