Report: Celtics to offer lottery pick in package for Kevin Love
|05.18.14 at 7:09 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge reportedly plans to offer the team’s lottery pick as part of a package for Love. The lottery is Tuesday night.
Love has told the Timberwolves brass he plans to exercise his 2015 early termination option and sign elsewhere if he is not traded, according to ESPN. The Warriors, Lakers and Suns also covet Love, who reportedly sees Golden State and Chicago as attractive destinations. Any trade partner would require assurance he would sign a five-year, $100 million maximum contract extension.
For more on the C’s pursuit of Love, similarities to the Kevin Garnett trade in 2007 and potential trade packages: “Double ’07: Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love and Celtics Restoration.“
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?