Report: Celtics to offer lottery pick in package for Kevin Love
|05.18.14 at 7:09 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge reportedly plans to offer the team’s lottery pick as part of a package for Love. The lottery is Tuesday night.
Love has told the Timberwolves brass he plans to exercise his 2015 early termination option and sign elsewhere if he is not traded, according to ESPN. The Warriors, Lakers and Suns also covet Love, who reportedly sees Golden State and Chicago as attractive destinations. Any trade partner would require assurance he would sign a five-year, $100 million maximum contract extension.
For more on the C’s pursuit of Love, similarities to the Kevin Garnett trade in 2007 and potential trade packages: “Double ’07: Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love and Celtics Restoration.“
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...