NBA draft lottery: Celtics receive 6th pick
|05.20.14 at 8:40 pm ET|
Even Celtics co-owner Stephen Pagliuca‘s lucky Rooster of Barcelos couldn’t help the team’s string of tough lottery luck, as the C’s landed the pick they were most likely to receive — sixth overall. As a result, any hope of selecting Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid flew the coop.
After losing the coin flip to the Jazz, the Celtics had a 34.2 percent chance at the sixth pick — by far the most likely scenario — and a 33.4 percent shot at the top three. The odds seem to be forever not in their favor.
“We were all disappointed, but at the same time, we were prepared for this,” said Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. “We knew that this was a strong possibility. It’s a momentary disappointment. You hope to get the lucky ball, but now we have some clarity and some marching orders.”
Meanwhile, in the biggest surprise of the evening, the Cavaliers received the No. 1 overall pick for the third time in the past four years. Cleveland had a 1.7 percent chance of picking first again.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Milwaukee Bucks
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Orlando Magic
5. Utah Jazz
6. Boston Celtics
7. Los Angeles Lakers
8. Sacramento Kings
9. Charlotte Hornets
10. Philadelphia 76ers
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Orlando Magic
13. Minnesota Timberwolves
14. Phoenix Suns
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...