Report: Chris Bosh to stay with Heat following departure of LeBron James
|07.11.14 at 6:25 pm ET|
Despite a strong push from the Rockets, Chris Bosh will reportedly take a five-year, $118 million deal to stay in Miami in wake of LeBron James‘ departure from the team. Bosh’s impending return to the Heat was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Bosh, James and Dwyane Wade all opted out of their contracts this offseason to become free agents after the three spent the last four seasons playing together. James announced Friday that he will return to Cleveland, where he began his career, on a four-year, $88 million contract.
According to multiple reports, the Heat are working to re-sign Wade as well. Wade has spent his entire career with the team since being drafted with the fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason