Report: Chris Bosh to stay with Heat following departure of LeBron James
|07.11.14 at 6:25 pm ET|
Despite a strong push from the Rockets, Chris Bosh will reportedly take a five-year, $118 million deal to stay in Miami in wake of LeBron James‘ departure from the team. Bosh’s impending return to the Heat was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Bosh, James and Dwyane Wade all opted out of their contracts this offseason to become free agents after the three spent the last four seasons playing together. James announced Friday that he will return to Cleveland, where he began his career, on a four-year, $88 million contract.
According to multiple reports, the Heat are working to re-sign Wade as well. Wade has spent his entire career with the team since being drafted with the fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?