Report: Chris Bosh to stay with Heat following departure of LeBron James
|07.11.14 at 6:25 pm ET|
Despite a strong push from the Rockets, Chris Bosh will reportedly take a five-year, $118 million deal to stay in Miami in wake of LeBron James‘ departure from the team. Bosh’s impending return to the Heat was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Bosh, James and Dwyane Wade all opted out of their contracts this offseason to become free agents after the three spent the last four seasons playing together. James announced Friday that he will return to Cleveland, where he began his career, on a four-year, $88 million contract.
According to multiple reports, the Heat are working to re-sign Wade as well. Wade has spent his entire career with the team since being drafted with the fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...