Ex-Celtic Jerryd Bayless signs with Bucks
|08.01.14 at 12:26 pm ET|
Jerryd Bayless, who spend the second half of last season with the Celtics, signed as a free agent with the Bucks, the team announced Thursday.
The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 9.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 72 games with the Grizzlies and Celtics. He had some memorable games in Boston, recording a season-high 29 points in a game against the Hawks on Feb. 26 and dishing out a season-high nine assists vs. the Spurs on Feb. 12.
“The thing that was most intriguing was Kidd,” Bayless told reporters Thursday at the Bucks’ training facility. “He can help me in a variety of different ways. There aren’t a lot of guys like him that come around.”
Bayless, 25, was the 11th pick in the 2008 draft by the Pacers, who traded him to the Trail Blazers before he played a game. He has played with Portland, New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis in Boston in his six-year career, averaging 8.5 points, 1.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason