Ex-Celtic Jerryd Bayless signs with Bucks
|08.01.14 at 12:26 pm ET|
Jerryd Bayless, who spend the second half of last season with the Celtics, signed as a free agent with the Bucks, the team announced Thursday.
The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 9.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 72 games with the Grizzlies and Celtics. He had some memorable games in Boston, recording a season-high 29 points in a game against the Hawks on Feb. 26 and dishing out a season-high nine assists vs. the Spurs on Feb. 12.
“The thing that was most intriguing was Kidd,” Bayless told reporters Thursday at the Bucks’ training facility. “He can help me in a variety of different ways. There aren’t a lot of guys like him that come around.”
Bayless, 25, was the 11th pick in the 2008 draft by the Pacers, who traded him to the Trail Blazers before he played a game. He has played with Portland, New Orleans, Toronto, Memphis in Boston in his six-year career, averaging 8.5 points, 1.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?