Kelly Olynyk’s wrist injury is far from ‘career-ending’
|08.13.14 at 1:23 pm ET|
“It’ll be all right,” Olynyk told ESPN.com, admitting he fell awkwardly on the wrist while competing for Team Canada. “It’s not career-ending.” The wrist issue would have gone unnoticed were it not for a fan’s tweet to CelticsBlog.
The 23-year-old made a scheduled visit to Canobie Lake Park on Tuesday, missing Canada’s final game in Europe, and he did not alert the Celtics to any serious injury. Photos from the event show Olynyk wore no brace and had kids from the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children tugging on him all afternoon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?