Jaylen Brown meet-and-greet canceled after police disperse ‘aggressive’ crowd at Cambridge mall
|11.08.16 at 12:47 pm ET|
A Monday night event at the CambridgeSide Galleria featuring Celtics rookie Jaylen Brown had to be canceled when crowds became unruly, forcing police to evacuate the mall, according to police and media reports.
Police said a crowd estimated at more than 1,000 people had gathered for a meet-and-greet with Brown and rapper Desiigner. When a group of fans in line surged forward and knocked over other people and barriers shortly before 6 p.m., police were called in to clear what they termed an “aggressive crowd.”
A police spokesman said fans threw glass, bricks and other objects, and police were forced to use pepper spray. Six juveniles were arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and trespassing.
Brown tweeted a photo of himself down the street from the mall and indicated he had not yet made it inside when the incident occurred.
— Jaylen Brown (@FCHWPO) November 8, 2016
Brown and the Celtics, coming off a disappointing loss to the Nuggets on Sunday night, next play the Wizards on Wednesday night in Washington.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...