Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis crying about ‘overrated’ Doc Rivers
|02.17.17 at 12:22 am ET|
It was the former Celtics head coach who brought Davis into the NBA via the 2007 draft, and then brought him over to the Clippers for the 2014-15 season. Evidently, those turn of events don’t matter much to the current free agent.
There are definitely some hard feelings coming from Davis.
Appearing on Chris Broussard’s podcast, the former Celtic called Rivers “lucky as hell” and “overrated” when asked about his former coach.
According to FoxSports.com, this is how the exchange went …
Davis: Because what Doc had in ’08 was special and he was lucky as hell … Lucky as hell. The year before that they was wearing trash bags … But then the next year they win it, now he is one of the best coaches ever? I’m just not feeling that. You know what I mean? You give credit to KG. You give credit to Paul Pierce. You give credit to Ray Allen. Those are the guys who made sure whatever Doc needed to be done, got done.
And see now it’s easy for Doc to do his job. And then you give credit to Danny Ainge. That’s the one you give credit to. Because I know multiple times [Ainge] had to talk to Doc, just to say ‘Hey Doc, leave em alone. Hey Doc, ease up.’
“I’m off that Doc tip. He’s a great guy but as far as that basketball stuff but I try to …”
Broussard: Is he overrated as a coach?
Davis: I think so.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...