Celtics-Bulls reportedly have engaged in talks in potential trade involving Jimmy Butler
|02.19.17 at 11:00 am ET|
Will the Bulls trade Jimmy Butler? If so, could the Celtics be able to land the Bulls’ star?
The answer could be yes, and yes as the NBA trade deadline fast approaches.
According to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, the two teams have engaged in preliminary talks on a potential deal, but “have not gotten far down the road on it.”
Wojnarowski notes the Bulls organization needs to be fully in agreement that they want to rebuild and thus trade such a good player in Butler.
If the Bulls do indeed want to trade Butler, the Celtics have a number of high draft picks, which is what the Bulls would want, but then it would be a question of exactly what picks it would take to get a deal done.
Butler is 27 years old and is averaging 24.5 points per game this season. The guard is signed through the 2019-20 season.
For more Celtics news, visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...