Report: Celtics did not try to acquire DeMarcus Cousins on Sunday
|02.19.17 at 11:43 pm ET|
It was an eventful Sunday with DeMarcus Cousins and ended with him being traded.
According to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojanarowski, the Kings were fully engaged in trade talks centered on Cousins throughout the day.
Some thought the Celtics could have been one of those teams, considering the assets they have, but that was not the case. The Celtics were not one of the teams speaking with the Kings on Sunday about a potential Cousins deal, according to the Boston Herald’s Steve Bulpett.
Wojanarowski reports the Lakers were turned down by the Kings and late Sunday night the Kings agreed to trade Cousins to the Pelicans in a deal that includes Buddy Hield and a 2017 first-round pick.
Even though it doesn’t look like the Celtics were in on Cousins, they still likely will try and make a trade before Thursday’s trade deadline.
For more Celtics news, visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...