Celtics reportedly are ‘zeroed in’ on Jimmy Butler, Paul George
|02.21.17 at 11:32 am ET|
The NBA trade deadline is fast approaching and it appears the Celtics have identified their main targets.
In a piece for ESPN.com, Zach Lowe notes the Celtics are “zeroed in” on both Jimmy Butler and Paul George. This isn’t much of a surprise considering these two players are two of the biggest stars potentially available.
Butler is averaging 24.5 points per game with the Bulls this season, while George is averaging 22.3 points per game with the Pacers. Either of these players could be the piece the Celtics need to take them to the next level.
Lowe also notes the Celtics have talked to the Clippers “intermittently” about a trade for Blake Griffin, but said a deal between the two teams is “extremely unlikely.”
Stay tuned as the trade deadline is set for Thursday and a lot will happen between now and then.
For more Celtics news, visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...