Celtics trade rumors: C’s reportedly interested in Mavericks center Andrew Bogut as part of big trade deadline strike
|02.21.17 at 2:25 pm ET|
With the Celtics in need of size and rebounding, they’re reportedly mulling an offer to the Mavericks for center Andrew Bogut — but only if they can pull off a bigger deal prior to the trade deadline.
According to Mavericks insider Mike Fisher, the Celtics are considering trading one of their non-Brooklyn first-round picks to Dallas for Bogut, a physical seven-footer who won a title with the Warriors in 2015.
The No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft, Bogut never realized the expectations that came with that selection, but the Aussie did overcome injury issues to become a double-double machine with the Bucks before joining the Warriors in 2013. In Golden State, he provided an inside presence to complement the high-flying Splash Brothers, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.
According to Fisher, the Celtics’ interest in Bogut is conditional on “what bigger moves Boston can make” prior to Thursday’s trade deadline. In addition to a No. 1 pick, the Mavericks would receive backup center Tyler Zeller, who could make the money work.
Bogut, 32, has averaged nearly nine rebounds a game for his career and is also considered a solid passer. Durability is a concern, however. He has been limited to 26 games this season by knee and hamstring injuries.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...