Celtics reportedly talking with Pacers on Paul George, Nets pick in play
|02.23.17 at 12:11 pm ET|
With just under three hours left until the NBA trade deadline, the Celtics appear to be pushing for Paul George.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the Celtics and Pacers have had preliminary talks on George. The report says the Celtics hasn’t met Indiana’s asking price, but the Nets pick has entered the conversation.
George is averaging 22.3 points per game and is signed through the end of the 2018-19 season.
It is worth noting, according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, the Celtics have put the 2017 Nets pick into the offer for George. This pick will likely be in the top four, but could get as high as the No. 1 overall pick. Of course the Celtics will need to add more, but this would be a big starting point.
Stay turned for more as the day goes on.
For more Celtics news, visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...