Celtics rumors: Add Memphis forward JaMychal Green to list of possible targets
|02.23.17 at 10:37 am ET|
Tucked within this Steven Bulpett story on potential Celtics trade targets with Thursday’s 3 p.m. deadline rapidly approaching is a new name — Memphis forward JaMychal Green.
The 6-foot-9 Alabama product would fill a number of rotational needs for the Celtics. He’s considered an above-average defender who is averaging nine points and 7.3 rebounds a game while shooting .368 from 3-point land.
If the Celtics fail to land a big fish like Chicago’s Jimmy Butler or Indiana’s Paul George — and consensus seems to be growing that Celtics boss Danny Ainge intends to keep his Brooklyn picks — then they’ll turn their sights to the next tier, which includes players like Phoenix forward P.J. Tucker and Green.
Both can defend, rebound, and shoot 3’s, which seem like prerequisites to fit Brad Stevens’ system. Less of a fit in that sense would be a traditional center like Dallas’s Andrew Bogut, who would at least beef up the team’s subpar rebounding.
There’s no word on how available Green is, or what the Celtics would surrender to acquire him
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...