Isaiah Thomas on facing the Wizards: ‘I can’t sit this one, I know what’s at stake’
|03.20.17 at 7:20 pm ET|
Isaiah Thomas did everything he possibly could in order to be cleared to play on Monday.
While the Celtics traveled on a mini two-game road trip, Thomas spent the weekend rehabbing his knee while also getting plenty of rest.
“I was in here two times a day; in the morning and at night,” Thomas said. “I was in there just trying to get better, get as much treatment as I possibly can. Rest at the same time. Just trying to get it back as strong as I possibly can.
Was it ever a question if you were going to play against the Wizards?
“It was a question for other people,” Thomas said with a smile. “I can’t sit this one. I know what’s at stake, I know it’s a big game for us. I did a lot of treatment to be able to play tonight, making sure I was in that training room and getting right.”
When asked, how badly do you want to head into the playoffs as a one or two seed? Thomas replied: “I want it as bad as you can get it.”
The Wizards enter Monday’s game 1.5 games behind the Celtics for the No. 2 seed in the east. Although Thomas believes it’s very important for the Celtics to take care of business at home, he also knows his team can’t get caught up in trying to change its game plan.
“It’s a big game,” Thomas said. “We gotta just take care of business the way we know how, take care of home court and we can’t think of it as — just cause it’s against the Wizards we want to play a certain way — we just gotta play our brand of basketball and we’ll be alright.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...