|Garnett To Be Scaled Back? Decision Coming Next Week||03.27.09 at 3:07 pm ET|
Boston Celtics GM Danny Ainge expects Kevin Garnett to play Friday night at Atlanta, but the forward’s status for the rest of the regular season will likely be determined early next week. “He wants to play, and he’s been playing well,” Ainge said. “But the question is what gives him the best chance to be 100 percent healthy by the postseason.”
Garnett missed nearly a month with a knee injury before returning to play between 15-20 minutes over the last four games. However, Ainge said that the team doctors will decide how to proceed when the Celtics return home this weekend.
“Monday or Tuesday we’ll sit down and evaluate what the process will be,” Ainge said. “I think he’s going to be fine. The question is what the best course is to take … We’ll make a determination next week and figure out what to do over the next couple of weeks … Obviously, we don’t want to wear him out. We’re going to watch his minutes and make sure he doesn’t play too much.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason