|Rondo Out, Pruitt to Start||10.19.08 at 12:13 pm ET|
Doc Rivers hinted at the DNP on Friday, noting that he already knows Rondo knows how to play. Rondo does not have his ankle wrapped today and said the decision came from Rivers and trainer Ed Lacerte.
|Celtics Lose, Cuts Loom||10.17.08 at 7:47 pm ET|
Final Score: Knicks 104 – Celtics 97
Eddie House rained threes but that wasn’t enough to fend off the Knicks in the Celtics seven-point loss. House shot 7-for-11 from long range and finished the game with 27 points. Nate Robinson carried the Knicks with 19. A few postgame notes:
- According to Doc Rivers, Rajon Rondo (sprained ankle) could have returned to tonight’s game. He left the young PG out, though, since “he knows how to play.” Rondo is still uncertain for Sunday.
- Cuts are coming, and maybe sooner than expected. Doc Rivers said he wants to cut down his roster sooner rather than later to give player(s) a shot at being picked up being another team. He wants to learn more about three or four players before making his decision.
- Who does Kevin Garnett have the best chemistry with? It’s not Paul Pierce. It’s not Ray Allen either. KG said he has “the best chemistry by far” with Kendrick Perkins. Even though Perk missed the beginning of preseason play with a shoulder injury, Garnett claims the two bigs never missed a beat when he returned and were in constant communication tonight.
The Celtics will hold an open practice for a select group of ticket holders tomorrow in Lowell before taking on the New Jersey Nets on Sunday afternoon in the Garden.
|Dude, Where’s My Bike?||10.17.08 at 6:20 pm ET|
Like Brian Scalabrine last season, Darius Miles is in the habit of riding a stationary bike when he’s not on the court. It’s critical for him to stay loose during the game because of his long history with knee problems.
So there was confusion when Miles went to went to warm up four minutes into the second quarter and the bike was nowhere to be found.
He first asked Garden security and then hunted down strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo. The bike was finally dragged next to the stands who two minutes to go in the third quarter.
“Get off the bike!” one fan yelled. “That’s reserved for Scal!”
|Rondo Sprains Ankle||10.17.08 at 6:07 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo left the game in the third quarter with a sprained right ankle. He will not return to the game. More details as they become available.
|Halftime Notes and Numbers||10.17.08 at 6:01 pm ET|
The Celtics and Knicks are tied 56-56 at halftime.
- Nate Robinson leads all scorers with 12 points.
- KG leads all players with six boards.
- The Celtics have already attempted 13 treys and are shooting 46% behind the arc. The Knicks are just 3-for-9.
- There have been 15 lead changes so far.
|Musical Chairs||10.17.08 at 5:38 pm ET|
‘Honestly I was looking for my jersey and then they were like, ‘Rookies got to share lockers,” Giddens said.
Giddens and Walker will be lockermates until the Celtics cut the roster down to 15. For now they share space next to Darius Miles and Rajon Rondo.
‘We’re considerate of each other,’ Walker explained. ‘We come in at different times so there’s never any congestion at the locker.’
So what will it mean when the rookies finally have their own space?
‘It’s just a locker, but if I had my own chair that’d be the biggest change,” Walker conceded. “I’m sharing the chair with J.R. Five minutes on, five minutes off.’
‘Actually we don’t even have a chair,’ Giddens admitted with a smile. ‘This is somebody else chair.’
The Celtics better call fives when they leave the locker room.
|Coach Cassell in Action||10.17.08 at 5:09 pm ET|
In between the first and second quarter Sam Cassell pulled Kendrick Perkins away from the huddle. The point guard demonstrated post up moves to the center, who scored two points and grabbed three rebounds in the first quarter. Despite their difference in size and position, Cassell has been working out with Perkins during shootarounds as well.
Celtics lead 26-22 after 12 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason